Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Devotional Day 45

As we are in the Lenten season preparing to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, the resurrection account is particularly engaging. I am always amazed at the disciples inability to recognize Jesus or to understand what had taken place. Repeatedly Jesus spoke to them of these events in plain language. Yet even as he appeared to them on the road to Emmaus, they still seemed unable to process what they had seen or heard.

Even more amazing to me still is how plainly the Bible has spoken to us about Jesus, his desires for our lives, and what he requires of us. Yet, like those early disciples, there are many times that I do not recognize Jesus at work in my life, circumstances, or through the angels he has placed in my life. Despite walking with him over half of my life, I still find myself needing my eyes opened so that I can recognize him.

How about you?

Through this series and the NT Challenge, I pray that your eyes have been opened, that you find Jesus in your midst, and that his resurrection power is more at work in you. As you close in on these final weeks of reading, I pray that the Spirit of Jesus would be upon you and that his word would come alive to you.

Hal Hester

0 comments: