Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Devotional Day 38

2 Thessalonians is a letter of encouragement to help believers understand the signs of the times. Some may have misunderstood Paul's first letter so he is writing to bring more clarification. He also writing some important instructions about lazy people.

Paul, in some of his writings, tells the people he is praying for them. The prayers of Paul are powerful prayers. I often use one of Paul's prayers as a model to pray for the people of the Vineyard, our church leaders, my family, and our city.

Example:
"With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ." 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

I pray that my God will make the people of the Vineyard worthy of the life God has called us to. I pray that God, by his power, will fulfill all our good intentions and faithful deeds.

I pray this so that we will all give honor to the name of our Lord Jesus. I pray we will be honored with Him.

Father this is only possible because of Your undeserved favor that we have received from You and Your son Jesus Christ. Amen.

Steve Bowen

0 comments: